Scheduling and Preparing for an Advising Appointment

  1. Schedule an advising appointment with me at least 24 hours before you intend to meet. You must schedule and appointment at
  2. Prepare to complete the advising Google Form.
  3. Complete the advising Google Form by clicking here.
  4. Arrive at your advising appointment on time and be ready to discuss!

Common Questions

Registering for Classes

  1. You must meet with me for advising before you can register for classes.
  2. The academic calendar at lists the registration days and times based on the number of credit hours you will have completed by the end of a given quarter.
  3. Registration is available on BOSS. Log in to BOSS and choose “Registration” and then “Drop or Add Classes” in the appropriate term.
  4. In the “Add Classes” section, enter the call numbers for the classes that you want to take (one call number per box) and click “Submit.”
  5. When you are finished, choose “Student Records” at the top of the screen and go to “Account Summary/Payments” to pay for your classes and confirm your schedule.
  6. Select a method of payment, complete the payment instructions, and you should receive a message saying “Account Status: SCHEDULE CONFIRMED.”

Adding or Dropping a Class

  1. Are you adding/dropping before the end of the add/drop period? Find the end of the add/drop period on the academic calendar
    • If so, go to BOSS. You can navigate to the “Registration” and the “Drop or Add Classes” page and drop the course there.
  2. Are you adding/dropping after the end of the add/drop period?
    • Go to and select the “Add/Drop Request” form.
    • Note that the approval signature should be your assigned academic advisor’s e-mail address in almost all circumstances. If you are adding a course where the course is closed, then you will put the course instructor’s e-mail in the approval signature field.
    • Click here for video explanation.

Finding Your Advisor

  1. Log in to BOSS using your campus-wide ID (no dashes) and your BOSS six digit PIN.
  2. Once logged in, look under “Student Records” and select “Advisor.”
  3. If you do not have an advisor, go to your College Dean’s office.
  4. If you need to change your major, look under “Students” and select “Registrar” and “Academic Major Changes.” Complete the form and turn it in to the Registrar’s Office in Keeny Hall 207. If you are pre-law, be sure your major indicates “Political Science (Pre-Law Concentration).”